Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Senior Program Manager
At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies.
We’re looking for talented and passionate team players to join our fast-paced startup company. Specifically, we are looking for a Senior Program Manager who has experience managing and coordinating the development of new products that integrate diverse technologies. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, hard-working and have a passion for building something different that can impact medical research and patient care. If you want to help change the current paradigm of DNA sequencing send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include a short description that tells us how you stand out as an ideal contributor to the GenapSys vision and goals.
• Program management, organization and coordination of DNA sequencing system and assays that include fluidic, pneumatic, electronic, chemical, software, and thermal components
• Design, and facilitate toll gate reviews for all phases of product development from concept to commercial release
• Develop toll gate review check lists for each department in each phase gate through collaboration with all departments contributing to a product development program
• Work with cross functional teams to optimize collaborative execution and schedule attainment
• Contribute to complex system design integration trade-offs, and managing product requirements and version control during development activities
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant technical field with 5+ years experience organizing programs that integrate fluidic, pneumatic, electronic integrated circuits, biochemical, software, and thermal components
• PMP certificate, Skills and knowledge using necessary program management tools and techniques (i.e. Gantt & Pert charts) for timely progress to deliver based on timelines
• Experience collaborating with scientists and engineers to enhance execution focus by setting milestones
• Experience with class II or class III FDA medical device program management preferred
• Innovative, driven, results/data-oriented and methodical, with record of achievement commensurate with previous experience
• Experience scheduling and coordinating complex projects that require complex system design integration
• Experience with PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) and product development phase gate reviews
At GenapSys, we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimers, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour, and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University. The company was incorporated in early 2010 and is funded by leading firms in both venture and institutional capital. We have built an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – join our team and be part of the adventure!