Senior System Engineer
At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies.
We’re looking for talented and passionate team players to join our fast-paced startup company. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, hard-working and have a passion for building something different that can impact medical research and patient care. If you want to help change the current paradigm of DNA sequencing send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include a short description that tells us how you stand out as an ideal contributor to the GenapSys vision and goals
• Design ownership of DNA sequencing instrument that includes fluidics, pneumatics, electronic, and thermal components, including all design files and production transfer documentation
• Design of fixtures, assembly, and test for pre-production instruments for hand off to contract manufacturers
• Defining test procedures, control plans and process sheets to transfer to production.
• Inspection, assembly and test of prototype parts, devices and machines.
• Work with cross functional teams to validate and optimize instruments for assay effectiveness and reproducibility
• Design and build next generation version of the instrument after successful handoff to production
• Supervise system design team (4 – 6 people) and prototyping engineering laboratory