Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Bioinformatics (Sr. Level Group Leader)
At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies.
We’re looking for talented and passionate team players to join our fast-paced startup company. Specifically, we are looking for an exceptional Ph.D. level candidate who has experience in Signal Processing and Data Analysis with a strong track record managing and leading bioinformatics teams. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, hard-working and have a passion for building something different that can impact medical research and patient care. If you want to help change the current paradigm of DNA sequencing send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include a short description that tells us how you stand out as an ideal contributor to the GenapSys vision and goals.
• Lead collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams to analyze NGS data in support of GenapSys’ technology and product development
• Implement process and planning procedures that are scalable and aligned with the defined outcomes
• Produce experimental plans, conduct in-depth data analysis and present results and conclusions for both internal and external audiences
• Build and manage a strong bioinformatics team that will support the growth and success of GenapSys
• PhD level candidate in electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics, computational biology, or similar field
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience in the next generation sequencing industry
• Demonstrated expertise in building and managing teams in bioinformatics for commercial next generation sequencing systems while remaining hands on
• Track record of successful team leadership with proven skills in team building, employee coaching and talent development
• Strong background in NGS pipeline development with extensive experience in the areas of base calling, genome assembly, alignment, and downstream informatics analysis
• Preferred experience in signal processing, data analysis, data mining, communication / information theory,and algorithm development
• Experience with product development, process transfer, quality control procedures and controlled documentation processes
• Innovative, driven, results-oriented and methodical, with record of achievement commensurate with previous experience
At GenapSys, we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimers, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour, and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University. We have built an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – join our team and be part of the adventure!