Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects of instrument product marketing for an innovative DNA sequencing company. This includes assessing and prioritizing customer and market requirements, working closely with development to deliver market-leading products, and managing successful product launches. It also includes assessing third party offerings and creating relevant programs.
• Develop detailed instrument product strategy and roadmap to meet company objectives
• Build business plans for instrument products that include opportunity assessment, positioning strategy, financial analysis, and required tactical plans to support successful adoption
• Creatively develop and test product concepts and ideas cross-functionally
• Deliver on an ongoing basis instrument product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
• Work very closely with development teams to ensure successful implementation of product requirements
• Plan and lead successful product launches
• Assess partnership opportunities
• Perform competitive and market analysis
• Train field teams and support selling activities, including development of sales tools and collateral
• Track record of success defining and launching excellent products
• 6-10 years of relevant work experience in life science company or related field, with >5 years in product management/marketing positions
• Degree in molecular biology, engineering or associated scientific field required. Ph.D., MBA or other advanced degree desirable, but not required.
• Experience across instrument, software, and consumable life science products with associated technical depth strongly preferred
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, and to work effectively with customers, development, and field teams
• Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
• Must be an intelligent individual with an excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity
• Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the design, development and commercialization of innovative tools for biological research. The company has developed a novel approach to studying the synthesis and regulation of DNA, RNA and protein. Combining recent advances in nanofabrication, biochemistry, molecular biology, surface chemistry and optics, Pacific Biosciences has created a powerful technology platform called single molecule, real-time, or SMRT™, technology. SMRT technology enables real-time analysis of biomolecules with single molecule resolution, which has the potential to transform the understanding of biological systems by providing a window into these systems that has not previously been open for scientific study.