Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science.
The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The main focus of research conducted in this laboratory in the Clinical Research Division is the development of new therapeutics based on small knottin protein scaffolds derived from nature.
- Design libraries of recombinant protein drug candidates to be analyzed by LC-MS/MS
- Design LC-MS/MS experiments to evaluate the performance of peptide drug candidates
- Analyze LC-MS/MS proteomics data to identify low-abundance peptide species present in complex backgrounds with high dynamic range.
- Analyze high-throughput sequencing data of sets of oligonucleotides to catalogue errors in synthesis.
- Provide general computational expertise to the project. Develop software as needed, including novel methods for LC-MS/MS and high-throughput-sequencing data analysis and protein production tracking software
- Automate data analysis methods to enable scaling up dramatically over time.
- MS in Computer Science or related computational discipline, or BS with extensive track record
- Experience with proteomics data analysis
- Experience with analysis of high-throughput sequencing data
- Software development experience (Python and Java desired)
- Strong Linux experience
- Familiarity with statistical analysis of high-dimensional data
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE