This is a great opportunity to join the high performance software development team in Cepheid. As a Staff Software Engineer, and a member of the Software R&D Team, you will work on medical diagnostic applications predominantly in the Java, C++, and/or Python languages running on a Windows, MacOS, and Linux platforms. You will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We are looking for a well-rounded, collaborative, creative individual with a knack for problem solving, a strong sense of software design and solid coding skills. You should be comfortable juggling multiple projects, and working both independently and as a member of a team.
- • Part of a software engineering team that develops software for commercial products, manufacturing test systems and in-house research
- • Provide technical leadership in the Software R&D development team, translating software architecture into design and implementation
- • Develop architecture, design and prototypes for platform technologies and UI frameworks, including client and app development
- • Hands-on development: design, prototype, implement and maintain software applications
- • Projects will involve web and cloud systems, back-end logic development, GUI development, databases, as well as mathematical data analysis, data acquisition and data storage
- • Work well in a team environment, as well as with internal and external customers
- • Work with the team to continue to optimize the software development process while maintaining a high quality product; ensure standards and procedures are being adhered to