Layer, Chiang, et al. Genome Biology
The Sales Application Specialist (SAS) will be a key member of the Eastern Regional SAS team, responsible to accelerating instrument sales by successfully performing on-site demonstrations of key instruments, increasing utilization of existing instruments, training customers, improving customer loyalty, increasing awareness of QIAGEN portfolio, identifying new/novel applications that highlight the strengths of our systems and presenting technical information to customers. The SAS will be responsible for covering the Mid-Atlantic, Central and Northeast sales regions and support the Instrument Sales Managers, Strategic Account Managers (both field and inside sales), and Area Business Managers within these three regions. A heavy emphasis will be placed on supporting the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Minimum laboratory experience of 3-5 years (prior experience as a field application specialist preferred. Prior experience with molecular diagnostics laboratories a plus)
- Minimum education level = B.S. (M.S. or PhD preferred)
- An in depth knowledge of molecular techniques including: DNA/RNA purification, qPCR, sequencing (both traditional and Next Gen.). Familiarity with programming liquid handling instruments a plus. Current or past user of QIAGEN equipment also a plus.
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements for both clinical laboratories and diagnostic manufactures
- Based within close proximity of a major airport (ideal locations: Philadelphia or New Jersey)
- Travel expectation of 65%
- Ability to work independently and within small teams
- Proven ability overcome challenges by finding new ways to approach problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, goal oriented and possesses very strong drive to succeed
- Ability to maintain a travel schedule and manage expenses
If interested, please apply online:
or forward your resume to email@example.com
As the innovative market and technology leader, QIAGEN creates sample and assay technologies that enable access to content from any biological sample.
Our mission is to enable our customers to achieve outstanding success and breakthroughs in life sciences, applied testing, pharma, and molecular diagnostics. We thereby make improvements in life possible.
Our commitment to the markets, customers, and patients we serve drives our innovation and leadership in all areas where our sample and assay technologies are required.
The exceptional talent, skill, and passion of our employees are key to QIAGEN’s excellence, success and value.