Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
QIAGEN Sciences, Inc., is a Bio Technology leader in the manufacturing of innovative, customer-driven products. Our rapid growth means that we are continuously seeking highly motivated and talented individuals to expand our operations. If you are interested in belonging to a dynamic and enthusiastic high-performing Team, developing your potential and using your skills to contribute to its success, QIAGEN Sciences, Inc. is where you should be! We recruit employees for the long term and reward them for their commitment.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Field Service Specialist for our MId Atlantic territory, to be based out of Massachusetts. The Field Service Specialist will provide highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, training, troubleshooting, service/maintenance, and repair and support of complex equipment and systems on all levels (hardware and software). Reviews and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers’ needs and identifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, or service. May promote the sale of service products.
- Install, maintain, repair and support equipment on all levels (hardware, software and applications)
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with customers- Utilize relevant databases to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness
- Utilize all available tools such as Service Reports, Spare Part & Service Manuals, ISI Notes, etc
- Assist in meeting/exceeding sales targets in relation to maintaining high customer satisfaction
- Actively promote and sell Field Service products
- Give active feedback to Sales, Global Product Support and your team/management
- Manage effective available time and resources
- Provide cross-border/district/region support when required
- Positively represent QIAGEN in front of the customer, be a good example!
- Ability to lift ~50lb or 25kgs
- Will require work with hazardous substances such as acids and solvents and to work in biological laboratories up to BSL3.
- Mechanical/Electrical/ Biomedical Engineering degree, preferable Automation experience or Minimum of 3 years of service and support experience in a comparable position within the after sales service business in the Clinical or MDx Market, or equivalent experience repairing and maintaining instrumentation in the Clinical and/or MDx field.
- Experience in Service and Repair of Hematology and Immunochemistry instrumentation is preferred
- Proven work experience in developing customer relationships
- Valid drivers license and Passport and willingness to travel, national and internationally
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a structured working environment
- Extensive travel required (up to 75%)
If interested, please apply online:
or forward your resume to email@example.com
As the innovative market and technology leader, QIAGEN creates sample and assay technologies that enable access to content from any biological sample.
Our mission is to enable our customers to achieve outstanding success and breakthroughs in life sciences, applied testing, pharma, and molecular diagnostics. We thereby make improvements in life possible.
Our commitment to the markets, customers, and patients we serve drives our innovation and leadership in all areas where our sample and assay technologies are required.
The exceptional talent, skill, and passion of our employees are key to QIAGEN’s excellence, success and value.