The Software Product Manager will be responsible for the ideation, planning, and productization of existing and future software products for Fluidigim’s genomic systems, workflow automation and analysis tools. The position defines and prioritizes the software product requirements using agile methodologies, works with fellow product managers, R&D and the field to define the initial product concept and determines critical success factors, ensuring that the products meet business objectives. The software PM will prepare a business case with marketing and financial rationale and will continuously confirms that the planned end result will meet specified requirements on time and budget while meeting critical customer needs and functionality.
This role is responsible for the entire product lifecycle including all aspects of product launch and will work closely with marketing and communications teams to create and execute marketing plans, and prepare and deliver appropriate product training to worldwide sales regions, product support and other internal groups. Provide appropriate pre- and post-sales support to the field, conduct periodic customer visits, and assist in trade shows, seminars, and user group meetings. Develop product transition and retirement plans along with strategies to migrate customers between software platforms.
- Create and implement product vision, direction, and business plans, including product plans, user stories, product migration and evolution, and product life cycle and retirement for new product or small enhancements.
- Develop conceptual and evolutionary product plans that meet measurable benchmarks of customer satisfaction and will exceed customer expectations for flexible and exciting functionality and user interface. This includes managing small budget plans, developing business cases, identifying and assessing business opportunities and determining strategic fit conditioned by technical feasibility under the direction of the Manager or Director.
- Gather, validate, and evaluate product/market requirements through market and guest research, competitive and product research, guest communications and external white papers.
- Develop business rules and requirements specifications for assigned product features to include effective product and user interface design, rapid prototyping, product validation testing, and usability testing, while ensuring that the product strategy is adhered to throughout the product life cycle.
- Develop relationships with key customers.
- Assist with market research, monitor competitive activity and identify customer needs.
- Develop/maintain technical expertise on the products.
- Responsible for marketing communication vehicles including website information, product literature, newsletters and articles as well as developing sales tools, training information and materials
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong molecular and cell biology laboratory background and a demonstrated knowledge of the genomic analysis workflow with particular emphasis on sequencing applications. The role will also require working closely with cross-functional teams and external collaborators, so strong collaborative skills are a must.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and still have a big impact. Candidates must be highly organized, fluent in English, with strong verbal and written communication skills, especially technical writing. Public speaking is a big part of the job, so a candidate must be experienced and skilled as a presenter. Travel may be required as much as 25% of the time.