Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
This contractor position is to provide bioinformatics test support for Illumina’s data analysis software. As a bioinformatics test engineer, you will work in a cross functional team to perform verification and validation on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) primary and secondary analysis (locally and in the cloud). You will also be working with workflow automation/management applications
The successful candidate must be a fast learner with strong sense of ownership, motivation, and detail orientated.
• Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for bioinformatics data analysis software.
• Apply knowledge to develop, modify, and execute software test plans and test cases.
• Develop and execute automation script for data validation.
• Work with software developers, bioinformatics scientists and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving the verification process.
• Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
• Bachelor or Master Degree (or higher) in Bioinformatics, Computational Science, or related field from an accredited university (or foreign equivalent).
• Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid understanding of genetics, NGS technique, human genome analysis familiar with bioinformatics tools and algorithm.
• Working experience with Linux and Windows OS, experience with scripting (such as bash or Python) and object-oriented programming (such as C#) is a must.
• Previous working experience involving Bioinformatics software development or testing is preferred.
Familiarity with databases (such as MySQL or PostgreSQL), Cloud computing (such as Amazon Web Services), and web service is a plus.