• PhD (Organic, Physical, Polymer chemistry/Biochemistry) with at least 5 years industrial experience in solid surface modification and DNA/protein immobilisation/grafting. This is likely to have been gained in the NGS industry working on molecular diagnostics.
• Your development experience will have been gained in some or all of the following areas:
1. Microarray surface modification and spacer length optimisation
2. DNA amplification on solid surfaces and characterisation of the modified surface.
3. Surface modification of semiconductor chips for molecular diagnostics, especially PCR based method.
• Strong analytical capability with the ability to be innovative/technically creative
• The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and written / oral English
• Highly motivated and results driven
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, administrative, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ideally, you will have publications in peer reviewed journals relating to solid surface modification and DNA/Protein immobilisation
• Experience in the development of a molecular diagnostics point of care platform
• Experience in NGS system development especially solid surface, bead based amplification chemistry
• Expert understanding of in-depth DNA Amplification techniques and implications to the next stage of the NGS process
• Excellent experience or knowhow of the various techniques of chemistry/biochemistry from the nucleic acid isolation, handling of the DNA and enzyme functionality in the NGS system
• Ideally, you would have experience in the other sectors of science and engineering e.g. molecular biology, semiconductor industry processes
• Understanding of sequencing/molecular diagnostics applications / user requirements
• Practical understanding of Molecular Assay Development under ISO 13485; Design Verification/Validation and Design Control