Layer, Chiang, et al. Genome Biology
Excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, vacations and holidays.
Adaptive Biotechnologies Corp. seeks highly qualified applicants for a Bioinformatics Analyst. Adaptive's proprietary method for sequencing genes relating to the adaptive immune system generates large volumes of data and we are looking for a bioinformatics analyst to work independently and in collaboration with other research scientists to develop new tools in the analysis of large genomic and sequencing data sets.
• Analyze and process high-volume genomic (immune receptor) sequencing datasets.
• Design, implement, and test new scripts and tools to analyze and display data. Collaborate with research scientists to provide necessary reports and data, implement appropriate statistical tests.
• Become familiar with large genomics community software development and statistical analysis projects and implementation of latest analysis algorithms. Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing customer requests.
• Graduate education (Ph.D.) in computer science, bioinformatics, or related field, with coursework in biology.
• 4+ years of experience working with a variety of information systems and data analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, manipulate, and interpret large biological data sets, transforming raw data into finished products.
• Working knowledge of data analysis and statistical methods used in genomics and bioinformatics.
• Demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation of data required.
• Experience in Perl or Java and statistical languages such as R, SAS, or Matlab.
• Proven critical thinking skills and the ability to consider outcomes when designing analyses.
• Able to work independently, but also happy to work with and support fellow team members.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS
• Background in immunology.
• Strong statistical background.
• Innovative thinking and strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate across disciplines.
If you are a bright, career-minded individual we want to hear from you!
Please email your cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
For more information about Adaptive Biotechnologies Corp., please visit www.adaptivebiotech.com.
Adaptive Biotechnologies Corporation is a development stage biotechnology company that utilizes its proprietary immune profiling technology to discover, develop, and commercialize oncology diagnostics. The Company leverages advances in next generation sequencing ("NGS") to profile T-Cell and B-Cell Receptors ("TCRs" and "BCRs"). This breakthrough enables in-depth characterization of the immune system, which is the primary defense against cancer. By incorporating immunosequencing into clinical care, Adaptive can enhance the diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of cancer patients.
The Company's first clinical application, clonoSEQ, is for monitoring Minimal Residual Disease ("MRD") in blood-based cancers. The Company recently launched clonoSEQ as a CLIA certified Laboratory Developed Test ("LDT") in the second quarter of 2013. Improving the ability to accurately detect and track residual disease at a molecular level affords clinicians the potential to detect relapse earlier and improve patient care. Adaptive is currently validating additional oncology diagnostics to quantify the presence and clonality of Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes ("TIL") and to create a reliable measure of "immunocompetency" to predict or monitor response to cancer treatments that directly alter the host immune system. Adaptive incubates and validates potential clinical products by offering fee-for-service access to its proprietary immune profiling sequencing technology under the brand name immunoSEQ.