• Graduate education (Ph.D.) in computer science, bioinformatics, or related field, with coursework in molecular biology. Background in immunology a strong plus.
• 4+ years of experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including analyzing file structure, and using and creating layouts of large and complex files.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, manipulate, and interpret large biological data sets, transforming raw data into finished products.
• Working knowledge of data analysis and statistical methods used in genomics and bioinformatics.
• Demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation of data required.
• Excellent cross-platform computing skills, including experience using Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Macintosh OS X and Windows operating systems.
• Experience in Perl and Java programming as well as statistical languages such as R, SAS, or Matlab.
• Proven critical thinking skills and the ability to consider outcomes when designing analyses.
• The ability to be self-motivated and work independently, with minimal supervision, while also working as part of a team environment in a dynamic organization.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken, with a confident and cooperative service-oriented attitude.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English required.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS
• Strong statistical. computer programming, and machine learning experience.
• Demonstrated independence and critical thinking skills.
• Strong publication record in top tier journals.
• Laboratory research experience in immunology (preferred), genetics, molecular biology, or biochemistry.
• Demonstrated experience in DNA or RNA sequence analysis and presentation of results.