Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, vacations and holidays.
Adaptive is currently seeking a full-time Laboratory Informatics Programmer specializing in Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) to join our growing team in Seattle, WA. This position will be responsible for interacting with laboratory staff to define, design and implement sample and data tracking processes using the Genologics Clarity LIMS.
This is a great opportunity for an early career software developer or molecular biologist with programming experience to break into the biotechnology/clinical genetics field.
• Interact directly with laboratory staff to define and/or optimize LIMS processes
• Design, refactor, implement, test, and support software for LIMS system used by internal clinical and R&D labs.
• Integrate the LIMS system with laboratory instruments and other software systems.
• Responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle, from collecting software requirements from research scientists and lab technicians to supporting your solution in production.
• Apply Agile software development skills to create software that works in a dynamic environment with changing requirements.
• Create custom summary reports of laboratory processes and production metrics.
• 3+ years experience developing Java/Groovy applications.
• Experience developing software for a scientific laboratory.
• Experience with RESTful APIs.
• Experience with gathering abstract and changing requirements from users and ultimately delivering high quality software into production.
• Experience with relational databases.
• Able to work independently, but also happy to work with and support fellow team members.
• Java, Groovy.
• RESTful APIs, relational databases.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS
• Education, training, or experience in biological sciences.
• Previous experience with LIMS systems -- specifically Genologics Life Sciences Software
• Laboratory automation.
• Source control, continuous integration.
• Direct experience developing for Genologics Geneus/Clarity products.
If you are a bright, career-minded individual we want to hear from you!
Please email your cover letter, resume/CV, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Adaptive Biotechnologies Corp., please visit www.adaptivebiotech.com.
Adaptive Biotechnologies Corporation is a development stage biotechnology company that utilizes its proprietary immune profiling technology to discover, develop, and commercialize oncology diagnostics. The Company leverages advances in next generation sequencing ("NGS") to profile T-Cell and B-Cell Receptors ("TCRs" and "BCRs"). This breakthrough enables in-depth characterization of the immune system, which is the primary defense against cancer. By incorporating immunosequencing into clinical care, Adaptive can enhance the diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of cancer patients.
The Company's first clinical application, clonoSEQ, is for monitoring Minimal Residual Disease ("MRD") in blood-based cancers. The Company recently launched clonoSEQ as a CLIA certified Laboratory Developed Test ("LDT") in the second quarter of 2013. Improving the ability to accurately detect and track residual disease at a molecular level affords clinicians the potential to detect relapse earlier and improve patient care. Adaptive is currently validating additional oncology diagnostics to quantify the presence and clonality of Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes ("TIL") and to create a reliable measure of "immunocompetency" to predict or monitor response to cancer treatments that directly alter the host immune system. Adaptive incubates and validates potential clinical products by offering fee-for-service access to its proprietary immune profiling sequencing technology under the brand name immunoSEQ.