Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The IT Support Technician will support all users to effectively use personal computer equipment and software for high productivity.
• Responsible for providing first level support for all end-users both local and remote.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and voice/data communication systems issues.
• Responsible for Microsoft Office, 3rd party and custom software applications support.
• Purchase, configure, deploy and support workstation and lab systems.
• Manage and support mobility, including monitoring usage, device purchase and refreshes
• Monitor security applications and usage.
• Resolve or re-assign helpdesk requests through ticketing system in a timely manner.
• Write concise, informative documentation.
• Participate in on-call rotation and escalate calls/tickets when necessary.
• Create and modify documentation for helpdesk operational standards, policies, and procedures
• Follow all operational standards, policies, and procedures.
• Must use Service Desk Software such as Remedy Force for day-to-day operation.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Associate or Bachelor degree with 5+ years experience.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Office 2003/2007 and Active Directory.
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft Certifications a plus.
• Knowledge of Apple hardware and Software helpful.
• Experience with multi-vendor hardware troubleshooting and repair.
• Excellent people and team working skills.
• Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• Ability and desire to learn quickly and share knowledge.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong problem solving and research capabilities.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure are required.
• Ability to handle rotating on-call support weekends and evenings on occasion.
• 5 years prior customer service, call center or help desk experience is required.
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the design, development and commercialization of innovative tools for biological research. The company has developed a novel approach to studying the synthesis and regulation of DNA, RNA and protein. Combining recent advances in nanofabrication, biochemistry, molecular biology, surface chemistry and optics, Pacific Biosciences has created a powerful technology platform called single molecule, real-time, or SMRT™, technology. SMRT technology enables real-time analysis of biomolecules with single molecule resolution, which has the potential to transform the understanding of biological systems by providing a window into these systems that has not previously been open for scientific study.