Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
We seek a post doctoral researcher in data mining with a strong computational background to develop, maintain and operate data analysis pipelines for RD-Connect.
The successful applicant will be closely involved with the RD-Connect project (www.rd-connect.eu), mainly in the roles of data analysis and interpretation but also in other areas such as database design and population.
The analyst will report to the Biomedical Genomics Team Leader and Director of the CNAG, Ivo Gut, and must be able to work independently on his/her specific tasks and as part of a team integrating a system.
The initial duration of the contract is for two years with a possibility of extension.
- Data analysis on the RD-Connect database.
- Data mining and interpretation.
- Interaction with European partners in the RD-Connect project.
- A Doctoral degree in Biology or Medicine with a strong affinity to Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or related discipline and/or proven experience in the field.
- Previous experience in high-throughput genome analysis and data interpretation.
- Ability to work with Unix operating systems, including shell scripts.
- Skills in Perl and/or Python, and R programming languages will be valued.
- Working experience with databases will be an advantage.
- Good spoken and written English.
Interested candidates may submit a CV and a brief statement of experience and interests before March 31st 2014 indicating the offer reference in the message subject to the following email address:
The CNAG has a park of twelve second generation DNA sequencers supported by an extensive informatics infrastructure, and is one of the major Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe.
The CNAG is actively involved in collaborative research projects on a number of specific topics: Disease Gene Identification, Cancer Genomics, Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Model Organism Genomics and Synthetic Biology Genomics of Model Organisms. In addition, we participate in several consortia of networked projects such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC) and EU-funded projects such as RD-CONNECT, AIRPROM, ESGI, BLUEPRINT, IBD-Character and BBMRI-LPC.