Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Complete Genomics is looking for an experienced product manager who is ready to take on an exciting and challenging role. The company's mission is to provide technology to enable researchers and clinicians to improve human health through the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of genetic diseases and conditions. As a part of the product management team, your role is to support Complete Genomics’ existing sequencing services and drive the development of new sequencing and data analysis solutions. This individual will interact with business development, marketing, project management, and both software and biochemical development teams to develop and execute components of Complete Genomics’ product roadmap. To be successful, this individual will need experience in genetics/genomics and possess some commercial product management experience. You must have a passion for making a difference and thrive in fast-paced, highly collaborative, cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Understand the needs of current and future human genome sequencing customers in both the research and clinical environments.
- Gather internal and external market and customer requirements through interviews, site visits, and conference attendance.
- Work closely with a team of product managers, field application scientists, software and biochemical engineers to define and execute the application roadmap for Complete Genomics’ sequencing and analysis solutions.
- Support product launch activities through creation of application specific collateral, and generate technical webinars, datasheets, whitepapers, and case studies.
- Prepare and deliver presentations at trade shows, customer sites, conferences, and user group meetings.
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time.
- This position requires skills in genetic analysis and experience analyzing human genome datasets. An understanding of cancer genetics and experience analyzing cancer genomes or exomes would be a significant asset.
- Requires one to two years of closely related experience in product management and/or product development and/or R&D. Candidates with experience developing life science tools and pure software applications will both be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and discuss technical information on genetics, genomic studies, sequence analysis/bioinformatics and sequencing applications.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional cross-functional communication skills - proven ability to influence at all levels of the organization without formal authority.
- Fast learner, results oriented, innovative with a can-do attitude.
PhD in genetics, bioinformatics or related scientific/technical discipline and 2+ years of experience in genetic data analysis. Equivalent experience accepted for very exceptional candidates, with at least a Bachelor's Degree in biology, engineering or computer science
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is a leader in accurate whole human genomic sequencing based in Mountain View, California. Our mission is to sequence one million human genomes, providing researchers and clinicians the genetic information needed to improve human health through the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of genetic diseases. Complete Genomics is focused on building a new generation of high-throughput sequencing technology and developing new and exciting research, clinical and consumer applications. The company spans multiple specialties: genomics, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics, software, hardware engineering, semiconductors, operations, research and development, and others.
Complete Genomics is a U.S. subsidiary of BGI, the world’s largest genomics services company headquartered in Shenzhen, China. BGI provides comprehensive sequencing and bioinformatics services for commercial science, medical, agricultural and environmental applications. BGI is recognized globally as an innovator for conducting collaborative projects globally with leading research institutions.
Through the dedication and hard work of our employees, Complete is working towards a lasting impact in the genomics and health fields. Employees live by our company values which focus on our customers, innovation, commitment to our word, teamwork, timely decisions, and operational excellence. Complete is an inclusive, collaborative environment with fun socials and company events, regular communication forums, and community program involvement. We are looking for people who thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment, who are team oriented, self-motivated, and committed to contributing to the success of our company.