Head up development of the clinical roadmap, as supported by company strategy, which outlines scientific and disease state-based milestones, initiatives and portfolio priorities to secure GenMark’s lead in the space of infectious diseases. Establish relationships with Key Opinion Leaders around the world for ongoing collaborations. Translate dynamic and complex medical and scientific content into actionable information within the company. Successfully work cross-functionally to maximize utilization of scientific and medical content between Scientific Affairs, R&D, Clinical, Marketing and Sales. Develop and lead educational programs across disease states. Build up and promote our brand within the scientific community as a company fundamentally committed to better science for better patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and leverage thought leader relationships in assigned geographies by aligning thought leader expertise with GenMark’ s needs as advisors, investigators, or guest speakers.
• Attend scientific and medical meetings both at the National and international level to engage in most up to date discussion and identify thought leaders for potential investigator initiated or GenMark sponsored studies.
• Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and data review with potential customers and regional thought leaders.
• Establish clinical studies and generate publications, white papers, abstracts and presentations to aid product awareness and maximize product positioning; represent the company on key congresses and scientific symposia worldwide.
• Serve as key internal liaison with clinical trial sites participating in trial data generation for FDA submission. Participate in review of clinical data for FDA submission of new products.
• Collect and interpret insights in the scientific and medical space; provide feedback on clinical and medical utility, which would be relevant to product portfolio management.
• Develops and delivers presentation material intended for medical and scientific experts as part of the technical selling process.
• Support Business Development related to disease states assessing opportunities and presenting specific projects that meet disease strategy.
• Prepares summaries and participates in presentations regarding medical and scientific areas for potential company products using data gained in field travel and from thorough literature review.
• Develop and adhere to business plans and leverage skills and resources while maintaining budget and timelines
• Develop post-market product educational program
• Cross functional – liaison between internal departments. Leverage departmental leadership for resources and attention to program needs.