Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Full Benefits Package - effective start date
Sequenom Laboratories, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sequenom, Inc., is a CAP accredited and CLIA-certified molecular diagnostics laboratory, dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed tests (LDTs) for prenatal and ophthalmic diseases and conditions.
As a life sciences company, Sequenom (NASDAQ: SQNM) has a guiding vision: To improve healthcare by providing revolutionary genomic and genetic analysis solutions for the clinical research and molecular diagnostic markets.
What makes this vision a reality? Our deep commitment to "Quality of Science." For us, only the highest quality is acceptable. Sequenom team members thrive in a "science first" environment where ideas and innovation are part of daily life. This is your opportunity to work on cutting-edge science that is revolutionizing patient care.
Our innovation-driven culture means life at Sequenom is fast-paced, dynamic, and fun with rewarding benefits and performance rewards. With a clear vision for the future, all employees have the opportunity to make a difference and are encouraged to share new ideas. We foster a collaborative work environment and encourage curiosity at all levels. Our corporate headquarters is located in the heart of San Diego’s life sciences community, less than a mile from the beach.
As a member of the R&D Diagnostics Development team, the Scientist will plan and execute projects for assay development, utilizing next-generation sequencing and mass spectrometry. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of biochemistry, molecular biology, instrumentation and previous experience with the development and optimization of nucleic acid detection assays. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic R&D team and have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology.
• Retrieve and annotate genomic data, design assays and experiments, execute experimental protocols, and analyze data for qualitative and quantitative review
• Utilize molecular biology techniques in the manipulation of nucleic acids for the creation and optimization of novel diagnostic assays
• Create design input requirements for assays
• Design appropriate model systems for proof-of-concept and validation studies
• Create and optimize liquid handling protocols to streamline and standardize assay performance
• Perform data analysis with graphical representations of findings using appropriate software (Excel, JMP, R)
• Document all work in the form of laboratory notebook, study reports, and summary reports
• Present data clearly and concisely at departmental meetings
• Participate and present findings at conferences
• Publish scientifically relevant data in peer reviewed journals
• Participate in the development of patent applications, if applicable
• PhD in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/Genetics or related field with 3+ years experience in an applied research and/or development environment (Postdoctoral work may serve as experience) or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry with 5+ years experience in an applied research and/or development environment
• Significant experience with molecular biology techniques required
• Expertise in genomics/genetics with regards to sequence manipulation, assay design, and assay performance optimization
• Experience with different automated liquid handling solution, including designing, testing and implementing new methods
• Strong background in experimental design, using DOE for assay optimization
• Strong background in data analysis using statistical software packages including R or JMP
• Hands-on experience with PCR, mass spectrometry, and sequencing technologies, especially next-generation sequencing, is desired
• Experience with assay/test development/submission and documentation for 510k or IVD a plus
To apply, please visit: http://www.sequenom.com/Careers/Jobs