The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
Under the direction of Director of Clinical Information Systems and Health Information Management, the Clinical Applications Analyst is responsible for the implementation and support of clinical systems at the SCCA, primarily the Cerner EMR, locally named ORCA.
The primary focus is on supporting the clinicians and those involved in direct patient care, and secondarily quality, risk management, and compliance departments. The Clinical Applications Analyst must have extensive knowledge of the application and of clinical workflows in order to make recommendations and oversee the implementation of changes in ORCA, including upgrades and customizations. The Application Analyst will work to help SCCA clinical staff achieve maximum benefit from the clinical applications by supporting custom application tools such reports, flow sheets, templates, clinical documentation, and menus. The Analyst will further provide support to end users by providing consultation services, answering questions, analyzing ORCA-related procedural problems, as well as supplementing training for projects.
This position will coordinate with project teams, education staff, and end users to ensure successful implementation and modification of clinical computer systems. The Application Analyst will manage the ongoing maintenance of the Cerner applications for the SCCA. The Analyst will work with SCCA department representatives and UW IT system administration personnel to: define project requirements; prioritize, plan and implement application changes to improve existing functionality; and provide new capabilities for ORCA users at the SCCA. The Applications Analyst will work with clinical users, researchers, management, decision support, and QI, Risk Management, and Compliance to gather user reporting requirements and create reports or participate with UW ITS and/or Amalga team to create clinical service based reports.
**Cerner build experience***
• Experience collecting user requirements, translating to system feature enhancements, and requesting enhancements of a system administrator
• Demonstrated experience in training clinical end-users of various levels of technical savvy
• Demonstrated experience working with teams in the development and support of applications, and in implementing production systems in a healthcare organization
• Ability to evaluate user proficiency in application via direct observation
• Ability to work exceptionally well independently and as part of a team
• Excellent ability to communicate expectations clearly and succinctly, both in e-mail and orally.
• Good follow-up skills
• Ability to use initiative and sound judgment in carrying out responsibilities
• Ability to develop, maintain, and report on timelines for projects.
• BA/BS in related field and/or four years application support experience
• Demonstrated flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volumes or staffing needs - may periodically include flexing hours, rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and call
• Excellent team building skills
• Excellent prioritization skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to get work accomplished through others
• RN/BSN/MSN or other clinical degree and experience
• Four or more years working with Cerner products
• Strong understanding of computer terminology and database design basics
• Strong understanding of software usability criteria and design
• Knowledge oncology patient care services
• Knowledge of patient care operations in out-patient or acute care and/or research setting.
• Knowledge of JCAHO, DOH, and other regulatory requirements
• Lean processes or CPI knowledge and exposure
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE