Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Novartis Institute of Biomedical Research is seeking an Oncology Pharmacologist to join our Oncology team in Cambridge MA.
Key responsibilities include development of customized, program-specific animal models of human cancers and leverage these tools to drive oncology drug discovery programs. This includes assessment of efficacy and PK/PD relationships. The candidate will supervise daily activities of a Laboratory with non-PhD associates and potentially PhD level associates. He/she will closely collaborate/interact with other Laboratories within the Pharmacology Unit, and with scientists from the Molecular and Cellular Biology Unit, Medicinal Chemistry Unit, and with Clinical Scientists. Documentation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of experiments as well as preparation of publication-style reports, publication of results in scientific peer-reviewed journals and presentations at internal, national, and international meetings are among the responsibilities of this role.
- Ph.D. degree in Cancer Biology, Cancer Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent with post-doctoral training and at least 4 years of industrial experience in Oncology drug discovery.
- Thorough familiarity and experience with all aspects of animal models of human cancers as well as strong publication record are essential.
- Immunology or GEMM expertise is a plus
- The candidate should have a comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of Oncology research, particularly related to industrial drug discovery and development.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- The candidate should have the ability to lead in a dynamic, highly matrixed environment.
- The candidate is also expected to be highly motivated and have proven leadership, mentoring, communication and inter-personal skills. Experience in leading Oncology drug discovery programs is a plus.
At NIBR we believe that along with our scientists, our culture is our greatest asset. To drive that culture each employee is expected to function in an innovative and collaborative manner. Each successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how they have functioned in this manner to drive results.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. Our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Apply online at: http://hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=460257&jobtitle=PhD%2...