This job is responsible for routinely compounding and distributing medication and pharmaceutical supplies in both IV admixture and pharmacy distribution areas, in accordance with facility standards and procedures and regulatory requirements. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
Accurately perform pharmaceutical calculations and prepare intravenous admixtures and any other tasks as required that relate to the dispensing of infusion therapy or as assigned Interact with professional staff and public on a daily basis. Perform certain routine and repetitive functions and engage in sterile and non-sterile preparation and packaging of medications and other pharmacy related functions, under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. Maintain inventory control of pharmaceuticals. Assist in training and orientation of pharmacy technicians, interns and pharmacists and be responsible for other duties as assigned. May need to perform order entry of prescriptions into the outpatient pharmacy computer and assist in filling of new prescriptions or refills including cashiering
- Must have a current Washington State Pharmacy Technician License.
- Able to work under direct supervision of a pharmacist in providing service to patients
- Able to communicate with other health care professionals, and the public in a polite and appropriate manner
- Must have proper aseptic technique experience in accurate, efficient and timely preparation of parenteral products.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computer systems and data entry
- Able to work independently in a creative and assertive manner
- Able to maintain patient confidentiality
- Able to perform basic pharmaceutical calculations
- Able to perform Pharmacy Technician functions including preparation, packaging and labeling of medication in an accurate and efficient manner.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE