Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Computercraft seeks a Project Manager to provide technical and administrative expertise to the medical genetics resources at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). The successful candidate needs to demonstrate initiative and confidence in coordinating the full project lifecycle, including defining technical and functional requirements, quality control planning, organizing the implementation, upgrades and integration with the existing NCBI systems. The position responsibilities include daily coordination of complex technical projects dealing with scientific literature and biological data, managing cross-functional team interactions, as well as communicating project progress with stakeholders and senior management.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: developing technical specifications for internally developed or purchased software, for system implementation, system integration and testing; interacting with the user community to identify resource needs and translate these into system requirements; interacting with multiple software development teams to produce integrated products for the medical genetics community; balancing risks, priorities, schedules and resources; advising senior management on content-related issues.
This is a full-time position located onsite at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
• Formal education (minimum: MS) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Molecular Genetics or related fields
• Experience in developing or managing software development for biomedical applications
• Experience in research and development (R&D) environment with demonstrated ability to analyze problems and propose multiple solutions
• Experience in representing biological information in structured formats
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive engagement with team members across the organizational hierarchy
• Effective meeting management and follow-up
• Ability to handle multiple projects, work independently and multi-task.
One or More of the Following Skills are Required
• Experience with relational databases – Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Sybase or PostgreSQL, as an administrator or developer
• Experience with XML or HTML
• Familiarity with one or more software development technologies such as C, C++, Java, Macromedia ColdFusion, Perl, or Python
• Familiarity with the software development methodologies: agile, SCRUM
• Familiarity with molecular genetics concepts.
Other Desired Skills
• Experience working with large databases, statistical analysis, and clinical data
• Familiarity with Quality Assurance workflows
• PhD and/or MD degree
• Postdoctoral or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with genetic variation and/or biological databases e.g. dbSNP, Ensembl, OMIM
Computercraft offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including health insurance with 100% company paid premiums, 401K program with matching, paid time off and holiday pay, life insurance, flexible spending and disability coverage. We offer an excellent work life balance with a standard 40 hour work week and the chance to work with accomplished scientists at NIH/NCBI.
Computercraft is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position or learn about other Computercraft job opportunities, please visit the Careers section of our website: http://www.computercraft-usa.com/ or http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp;jsessionid=89FC...
Established in 1981, Computercraft specializes in scientific, technical, and management support services for the public and private sectors. Since 1989, we’ve been assisting government agencies to execute innovative life sciences projects and databases particularly in the field of biotechnology and genetics research. Currently, we have over 50 scientists working onsite at the NIH and continue to seek PhD and Masters level candidates with backgrounds in molecular biology, genetics, computational biology as well as related scientific fields.
Computercraft achieves success through our customer-driven approach to good business, dedicated team of professionals, and continuous pursuit of innovative solutions.