We currently have an opening for an Assistant Toxicologist in our Genetic Toxicology group in Greenfield, IN. This role:
- Provides administrative and scientific support for toxicology studies including pre-study tasks (i.e. protocol development, costing, scheduling) monitoring the in-life progress of assigned studies, interacting with clients and preparing basic report components (i.e.drafting progress reports, writing report procedures, and reviewing results and conclusions in final reports for accuracy).
- Provides administrative backup support for Study Director on day to day study specific activities or tasks.
- Initiates costing and scheduling requests with assistance.
- Participates in preinitiation, prewriting, and other study-related meetings, as required.
- Takes and distributes Preinitiation Meeting minutes.
- Drafts protocols and revisions for Study Director review and approval.
- Verifies that project schedule sheets accurately reflect the requirements of the protocol.
- Coordinates study and reporting process on assigned studies.
- Develops proficiency in specific software used in study conduct.
- Becomes familiar with routine study procedures.
- Assists Study Director in monitoring critical phases of routine studies and report any problems or deviations to the Study Director.
- Compiles data for draft summary reports for periodic study progress.
- Reviews data packages from the lab areas and identify deficiencies.
- Writes and prepare the routine study procedures, tables and graphs for the report.
- Incorporates contributing reports into the main toxicology report.
- Performs preliminary review of reports to assure completeness and accuracy prior to formal peer reviews.
- Performs formal peer reviews.
- Addresses QA audits relating to reports, with oversight.
- Ensures that all client comments are addressed and documented in a timely manner and that revised or final reports are scheduled and mailed.
- Other administrative or scientific duties as assigned.
- Assists with hosting client visits
Bachelor's degree in a related science field Experience may be substituted for education.
Two to three years experience in toxicology or a Master's Degree in a science field.
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.