The Lab Project Manager I provides oversight and drives the comprehensive project lifecycle and facilitates the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of one or more small or medium projects.
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides oversight and drives the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of projects assigned
a. Creates and maintains detailed project plans
b. Reports project status to team, management, and stakeholders through regular status reports, management reports and communications meetings
c. Tracks project issues and ensures appropriate resolution working closely with the project, peers, and laboratory management team.
d. Holds formal project reviews with management to ensure successful project execution and customer satisfaction
e. Delivers projects successfully on time and on or under budget with regularity and predictability
f. Captures and maintains record of resources needed, requests appropriate resources, and ensures appropriate staffing for the duration of the project to ensure efficient and successful project completion
g. Assists the laboratory management team to identify, qualify and document risks and put in place appropriate mitigation strategies
2. Assist the laboratory management team in the following aspects of project planning
a. Project scope and change control processes
b. Project status updates
c. Project's budget allocation, approval and management
3. Effectively works with a diverse group of team members from the CCLS and IT
4. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff and management
5. Confronts issues openly and effectively
6. Begins to build knowledge in project management through mentorship, shadowing, etc.
7. Performs such duties as GLSS management may direct
8. Participate in Lab Technology team tasks related to planning, budgeting and cross team issues
9. Works within team to share lessons learned and best practices
10. Monitor, track, manage and ensure resolution of customer complaints, issues and concerns
11. Ensure service failures are identified, tracked and resolved in a timely manner. Take preventative action to ensure that the same service failure(s) does not occur again.
12. Effective and timely adherence to management communications, meetings and procedures
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree or country equivalent
- One to Three (1-3) years of project management experience with one or more (1+) years of full time (80-100% FTE) project management experience in systems/process development or systems/process implementation
- Experience with laboratory information systems/process in other than operational roles
- Some experience with project management tools including Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office
- Exposure to at least one industry recognized project or development methodology (PMBOK, RUP, etc)
- Exposure to laboratory instruments or processes, their functionality, and lifecycle
- Exposure to quality systems applicable to clinical laboratories (e.g. CAP, ISO 19025)
- Formal project management education
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.