Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, CT is seeking an experienced research administrative professional to provide advanced administrative support to our scientific staff.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Acts as a liaison between assigned staff and the Director’s office, Grants office and other administrative areas within the institution
• Recommends and implements solutions to unique administrative challenges
• Assists scientific staff with the grant submission process by obtaining data and reports from operational databases, formatting tables and figures, drafting letters of support, obtaining biosketches from collaborators, conducting PubMed searches and preparing bibliographies, and completing disclosure forms. Supports and interacts with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Scientific Programs Development as needed for these efforts.
• Facilitates and coordinates specials events and meetings
• May offer training, guidance and leadership to less experienced administrative staff within department or in another department as needed; serves as resource for less experienced administrative staff. Has the capability of supervising less experienced administrative staff as JGM grows
• Knowledge of administrative systems and processes as would normally be acquired through five years of work in a position in which administrative duties were the major responsibility or an Associate’s degree and two years of professional office experience
• Experience working in a scientific/research or highly technical environment
• Working knowledge of commonly used computer applications for word processing, database management, spreadsheets, graphics and presentation software and email
• Demonstrated skill in written and oral communications
• Strong interpersonal skills to work in a high-profile environment
When candidates are otherwise equally qualified, JAX will give preference to the Connecticut resident. The Jackson Laboratory are EOE/AA employers. All interested individuals should apply on-line at www.jax.org, referring to job requisition #4222.
The Jackson Laboratory is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution based in Bar Harbor, Maine, with a facility in Sacramento, Calif., and a new genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Conn. We employ more than 200 Ph.D. scientists and a total of more than 1,400 employees. In 2011 and 2012, researchers voted The Jackson Laboratory among the world’s top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in a poll conducted by The Scientist, a magazine for people working in the life sciences. The Laboratory draws on an 83-year reputation for excellence in mammalian genetics, built on the groundbreaking discoveries of its own researchers and on the development and global distribution of the most diverse collection of genetically unique mouse strains in the world. The Jackson Laboratory is a National Cancer Institute – designated cancer center. Our research covers a broad range of genetic disorders, including cancer, diabetes, neuromuscular and neurodegenerative disorders, autoimmune disorders, and conditions related to reproduction, development and aging. The Laboratory’s mission is to discover the genetic basis for preventing, treating and curing disease, and to enable research and education for the global biomedical community.