M.T., (ASCP), (NCA). Or related specialty certification preferred
B.S. in Medical Technology or other science related fields. A minimum of 5-7 years of experience. A demonstrated mastery of advanced tech skills inventory.
• Exhibits the ability to work with computer programs and computer controlled equipment,
• Exhibits the ability to handle and interpret data, multitask, and maintains confidential material.
• Exhibits good laboratory technique and safety practices.
• Exhibits good communication, technical and organizational skills.
• Experience and/or training in multiple laboratory sections and high complexity testing (advanced tech skill inventory)
• Exhibits the ability interpret scientific literature & regulatory compliance and apply to laboratory policy & procedure improvement or development
• Exhibits the ability to lead scientific projects towards procedure establishment and write regulatory compliant policy & procedures.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.