We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Postdoctoral fellow with expertise in Chemoinformatics to join the Thornton group at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) located on the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
We have developed a novel algorithm to perform chemical searches for enzyme reactions and require a Bio/Chemo informatician who is keen to be part of a team, which will deliver a suite of services to explore the chemistry and evolution of biochemical reactions.
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following tasks:
• Develop modules for reaction classification and transformation
• Convert an existing pipeline to be a robust service, which is automatically updated with new data
• Improve and develop the user interface
• Work with others in the institute to integrate with the relevant data resources
• Take on new R&D challenges as required.
The EBI is part of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) and is a world-leading bioinformatics centre providing biological data to the scientific community with expertise is data storage, analysing and representation. EMBL-EBI provides a dynamic, international working environment and has close ties with both the University of Cambridge and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute. EMBL-EBI staff enjoy many benefits including excellent sports facilities, a free shuttle bus to Cambridge and other nearby centres, an active sports and social club and an attractive working environment set in 55 acres of parkland