Evi, creators of the Evi AI and personal assistant app, joined the Amazon group of companies in October 2012. Headquartered in the beautiful and historic university town of Cambridge, England, the team is focussed on developing technology that combines natural language understanding, acquiring large volumes of structured knowledge and machine reasoning allowing humans to get answers to their questions in the most natural way possible.
As an experienced web application developer, you thrive on working with large-scale platform architectures in high performance teams , and are ready for the challenge of delivering high performance and scalable solutions for internal and external customers. Whether its delivering internal tools to streamline our operational processes or working on future iterations of Evi, your solutions will be high impact and visible to all.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality code on time as part of a team
- To develop and maintaining evi.com, server side components of the Evi mobile application and internal mission critical tools.
- Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined.
- Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration.
- Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code to meet system requirements
- Involvement at all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing significant new architectural systems and improvements.
- Working with and maintaining a large existing code base as well as new components; maintaining production code and contributing to deployment and QA processes
- Participation in estimation and sprint planning.
- Working closely with other technical teams and product team to deliver on the company’s technology vision.
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree (2:1) or equivalent in a Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
- At least three years’ development experience.
- Strong server side Java experience (J2EE, frameworks such as Spring, Hiberbate, Tomcat)
- Some recent experience with Python and PHP.
- Experience of developing with and operating MySQL in a production environment.
- Demonstrable experience working with large scale distributed platform architectures
- Experience of working with a large codebase with significant legacy code would be a plus.
- Demonstrable experience using technical specifications, test driven development and code reviews to ensure code quality.
- An awareness of secure coding practises desirable.
- Comfortable collaborating with teams with very different technical skills, and non-technical teams
ms Skills and attributes required:
- Entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- A passion for delivering exceptional production-ready software
- Proven ability to get things done with bias for action
- Ability to prioritise own work and meet deadlines
- Great team player, able to work effectively with others as well as individually
- Highly analytical with a data-driven approach to making decisions and attention to detail.
- Great written and verbal communication skills
We will only consider applications from UK/EU nationals or applicants with a current valid work permit. Unfortunately we are unable to offer employment to anyone who does not have the right to work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are required to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
If interested, please apply online at The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research, and education. Join us and make a difference!
The Enterprise Project Management Office
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) at the SCCA is responsible for leading projects that support the strategic goals and initiatives of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), as well as those of our partner institutions. Our portfolio of projects includes IT initiatives, clinical operations process improvement, finance and business applications, clinical information systems and transition to electronic medical record, employee relocation/space expansion, business development/new clinic implementation, research integration, regulatory requirements, and laboratory systems.
The EPMO has a staff of 12 employees plus contract resources as needed. We typically have 15 to 20 projects active at any one time with durations ranging from 6 to 24 months. Over the past few years our projects have become more complex as we align more closely with the SCCA's growth and strategic goals.
The ideal candidate wants to be part of a dynamic and fast-paced environment, is eager to learn new areas of the healthcare business, values collaboration and relationship building, understands the difference between project leadership and project management and is adept at both, and enjoys mentoring other projects managers and being part of a project management team.
The purpose of project management at the SCCA is to lead and manage projects that are span multiple departments, are clinic wide and or involve partner institutions in order to support SCCA and partner strategic goals and initiatives. Project Managers collaborate with process owners, technology owners, and stakeholders to identify project scope, goals, deliverables, and success criteria. Project Managers create and direct multidisciplinary project teams composed of employees from all areas of the SCCA including administration, clinical, and IT, partner institutions, and vendors. They are responsible for ensuring the project timeline, budget, scope, and quality objectives are achieved as well as appropriate project management methodology applied.
Standard project management duties include:
- Project Planning/Implementation
- Issue and Risk Management
- Project Status Reporting and Communications
- Prioritization and Time Management (for yourself and team members)
- Obtaining Technology and Methodology Knowledge (as appropriate to your project assignment)
- Vendor Management
- Budget Creation and Management
- Requirements and Scope Definition
- Business Analyst Skills (defining workflows, current to future state
In addition to the standard project management duties listed above, the Mid-Level Project Manager is responsible for bringing a high level of leadership to their project to support SCCA executives in achieving strategic goals.SCCA PMs work through complex and politically challenging situations to create a collaborative team environment, thinks on their feet to adjust to the changing needs and climate of the organization, and excels when working in a high pressure environment.
Currently the EPMO has two large Initiatives for which we are recruiting Mid-Level Project Managers to lead specific workstreams within each of these Programs. These programs span a minimum of 1 ½ years and will provide significant improvements for the SCCA. Following is a brief description of each of these projects:
Outpatient Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE): CPOE is a process of electronic entry of medical practitioner instructions for the treatment of patients. These orders are communicated electronically to the medical staff or to the departments (pharmacy, laboratory, or radiology) responsible for fulfilling the order. CPOE decreases delay in order completion, reduces errors related to handwriting or transcription, allows order entry at point-of-care or off-site, provides error-checking for duplicate or incorrect doses or tests, and simplifies inventory and posting of charges. Included in this work is the implementation of workflow process changes to support CPOE for providers, nursing, team coordinators and essential service departments including electronic signature process. The team will also be expected to standardize and embed evidence-based content into SCCA outpatient order sets.
ICD10 Implementation: ICD10 is the internationally accepted version of diagnosis and procedure coding methodology. The transition from ICD9, which is currently used, to ICD10 is considered in the healthcare community to be the most complex change for the IS health care system in decades. The project includes conducting an assessment of impacts to technology/IS, functional areas, third party vendors, and clinical documentation; defining and implementing process change; developing and executing a training plan; implementing IT system changes and new IT systems. This project is critical for the SCCA to remain compliant with HIPAA requirements.
The ideal candidate for the Project Management III position will possess the following qualifications:
BA/BS in related field strongly preferred, 3-5 years similar experience may substitute for education required.
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Project Management methodologies and tools
- Experience managing project budgets
- Experience hring and managing vendors or contract staff
- Experience managing teams of over 25+
- Able to manage sub-project teams
- Advanced interpersonal, oral, & written communication skills
- Advanced organizational, and planning skills
- Advanced meeting facilitation skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ale to work independently and prioritize work
- Able to collaborate with partner organization staff
- Advanced decision making skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Experience with process improvement/re-engineering methodologies
- Experience in Information Technology
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Experience with process improvement methodology
- Experience managing vendors or contract staff
- 6+ years of Project Management experience
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE