Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
• Evaluate current sequencing operation procedures for their optimization and improvement.
• Develop tools to monitor equipment more effectively to ensure high quality data.
• Support process optimization through QC analytics.
• Train employees on optimized processes and troubleshooting strategies.
• Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Procedures.
• Provide support to the lab as needed, including sample QC, library prep, sequencing, and lab audits.
• Help with the development and implementation of a laboratory information management system.
• Work with Project Management and other teams/departments to ensure project deadlines are achieved.
• Interpret QC data and troubleshoot laboratory protocols and data analysis.
• Implement and execute QC measures critical to experiment design and process execution.
• Advanced degree in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related field plus laboratory experience in nucleic acid research required, PhD preferred;
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a molecular Biology Lab with at least 3+ years of experience in NGS;
• Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting techniques, interpreting run analysis data, run quality assessment, and routine machine maintenance and repair;
• Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, and highly motivated;
• Solid knowledge of molecular biology techniques and related protocols and equipment;
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and LIMS-based systems for project management;
• Ability to multitask is a must, along with an orientation toward teamwork and leadership;
• Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills;
• A high tolerance for change will be beneficial as NYGC is in start-up mode and the environment will transform rapidly.
The New York Genome Center (NYGC) is an independent, non-profit organization that leverages the collaborative resources of leading academic medical centers, research universities, and commercial organizations. Our vision is to transform medical research and clinical care in New York and beyond through the creation of one of the largest genomics facilities in North America, integrating sequencing, bioinformatics, and data management, as well as performing cutting-edge genomics research.