Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Sequencing Program Manager will serve as the operational lead for the provision of service, support, and product delivery, initially to Institutional Founding Members. He or she will be responsible for monitoring and managing customer satisfaction and working across NYGC and external partner organizations to deliver world-class service and support. The Sequencing Program Manager will set timelines and goals and coordinate communication between Illumina's Fast Track Sequencing Service team and NYGC customers.
An initial objective will be to make NYGC successful through the use and understanding of Illumina products and services, and to manage both the customer relationship and the deployment of the Illumina resources allocated to NYGC to achieve this goal. Ultimately the Sequencing Program Manager will work as part of a team in providing world-class sequencing and bioinformatics services through internal and external technological capabilities.
Job duties will include:
• Act as initial point of contact for NYGC customers to take in sequencing service requests and scope projects;
• Assist bioinformatics team members in planning and data delivery to ensure efficient and effective service and support is provided to NYGC customers;
• Act as a central communication point between NYGC and Illumina Fast Track services scientists, to ensure information flow on all aspects of the business relationship is efficient and effective, and is actioned appropriately;
• Monitor and manage the customer relationship and collaborate across Illumina and NYGC to ensure NYGC customers are satisfied and are making optimal use of sequencing data;
• Introduce new products, manage reporting, communicate, and address questions that are generated once data is provided.
• 3 or more years operational experience in next generation sequencing required, experience with Illumina platform preferred;
• Advanced degree in genetics-related field highly preferred;
• Direct customer service experience required;
• Prior experience setting up a lab operation is preferred, preferably with an emphasis on “external customers” rather than, or in addition, to “internal researchers”;
• A high tolerance for change will be beneficial as NYGC is in start-up mode and the environment will morph rapidly;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The New York Genome Center (NYGC) is an independent, non-profit organization that leverages the collaborative resources of leading academic medical centers, research universities, and commercial organizations. Our vision is to transform medical research and clinical care in New York and beyond through the creation of one of the largest genomics facilities in North America, integrating sequencing, bioinformatics, and data management, as well as performing cutting-edge genomics research.