Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Covance is hiring an Analytical Chemist for it's Greenfield, In location.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing independently in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOP's and regulatory agency guidelines
- Documents work, maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets-up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on laboratory equipment and software, including problem identification and resolution.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work
- Performs peer review and QC review of data
- Performs assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively completes multiple assignments.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains a positive attitude. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members and may plan team workload in coordination with supervisors
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Understands data generated, and history of methods.
- Recognizes deviations from normal results and inform Study Director, Principal Investigator, and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and participates in corrective action of problems.
- Identifies problems and makes suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures
- Able to adapt to new procedures or particular needs as directed
- Able to identify critical steps in an assay.
- Initiates, drives and implements process improvement initiatives.
- Completes all required training courses.
- Trains, mentors, and assists less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (Laboratory experience may be substituted for degree)
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment
- Experience with use and trouble shooting of analytical equipment is desired
- Ability to perform advanced computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
Experience - >4 years
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.