Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Conducts research by applying theoretical and professional working knowledge for desired outcomes. Duties include, but are not limited to, conducting and modifying procedures, collecting and preparing data, managing a laboratory, preparing and designing reports, and communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree or associate's degree plus two (2) years of related experience. No other equivalents.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to work in a team and work independently
• Ability to perform DNA and RNA isolations and evaluations
• Knowledge of next-generation sequencing technologies
• Ability to perform capillary DNA sequencing
• Knowledge of microarray technology
• Ability to perform genotyping
• Skill in the use of quantitative real-time PCRs
To apply, please visit http://careers.umc.edu and reference req #66078.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, age, disability, marital status, national origin, or veteran's status.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center is rapidly expanding our cutting-edge research in genetic and genomics with emphasis on cardiovascular, kidney diseases, cancer, and psychiatric disorders. We are currently seeking a Researcher II to support our missions of education, research and healthcare. As the state’s only Academic Medical Center, UMMC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits in an exciting, collaborative environment.
Advance your career and make a difference in the world. Join UMMC today.