Under general supervision, independently performs a variety of complex assignments. Responsible in case finding potential registry cases, in active following of all reportable cases, in reporting to the HIPAA accounting disclosure file, in report gathering for state reporting purposes, in maintaining physician number file, and in corresponding with other registry for abstracting and follow-up purposes.
- Case finds potential Cancer Registry cases.
- Provide active follow-up on all analytic cases.
- Gather and send reports to Cancer Surveillance System for state reporting purposes.
- Correspond with Cancer Surveillance System when there are discrepancies between UWMC data and CSS data.
- Search for missing treatment information.
- Maintain a physician number file.
- Handle and correspond query and follow-up questions from other institutions.
- Report cases to HIPAA Accounting Disclosure.
- Enter demographic information of analytic cases.
- Has working knowledge and use the OncoLog Cancer Registry Database system and Mindscape
- Operates office equipment such as PC, modem, typewriter, printer, and copier.
- Has working knowledge and use computer softwares such as EXCEL and WORD.
- Proficient in using the Internet to search for missing patients.
- Responsible in inventory and purchase of departmental office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) preferred or education in medical terminology, anatomy and human physiology and two years of experience in Cancer Registry.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE