Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Provides assistance to physicians, providers, staff and patients for the maintenance of the ambulatory medical record. Includes the coordination of the following: processing and filing loose reports, retrieval of medical records checked out to clinics, filing charts, request UW Medicine medical records, prepare admission coordination of protected health information with partner institution, and coordinate transfer of surgery packets to partner institution. Maintains electronic tracking for charts. Coverage for other night time positions.
1.Perform all aspects of chart maintenance. This includes picking up patient charts from the clinic floor, sorting through and filing pertinent medical information, scanning all charts into the file room and filing them back onto the shelf.
2. Monitor HIM chart request box. This includes responding to all emails and requests, pulling paper medical records and delivering them to appointments.
3. Retrieve and file medical records in terminal digit order. During your shift, you are assigned to complete two chart runs throughout the clinic in order to pick up patient charts. You are responsible for picking up, logging in and filing all patient charts before the end of your shift.
4. Keeps accurate logging and tracking via ORCA Profile Tracking (electronic chart tracking system) of all charts to assure availability for patient care.
5. Performs UW Admit / 8SE Infusion Orders process that are incoming from Clinical Staff to fax, copy and send out to the UWMC at a timely manner utilizing the process checklist.
6. Consistently and accurately completes daily assignments and Hand-off reports to coworkers and supervisors.
7. Assists in the sorting/drop-filing of patient loose sheets.
8. Pays attention detail and ability to perform multiple tasks.
9. Verify records are correctly scanned into the electronic medical record. If records received have not been scanned, scan them to the appropriate patient's record.
10. Proficient in the daily use of HIM Applications and tools.
11. Consistently follows policies and procedures contributing to the effective and efficient flow of health information services.
12. Follows attendance policy and expectations.
13. Telephone orders. This includes monitoring the telephone order inbox, reviewing each order for accuracy and ORCAflexing to the correct provider's ORCA inbox.
14. Day folder filing. Accurately files documents into the day folder files by document date.
15. Performs other reasonably related clinic duties as assigned by the department Supervisor and/or Manager.
HIPAA - Patient Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
HIPAA - Employee Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of, and maintains confidentiality of employee information and SCCA strategic plans and initiatives, financial information or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize employee rights or organization's operations. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary employee and organization information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
IV.A. Training, Education and Experience (Required)
- College graduate or equivalent; required.
- Minimum one year in healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of health information systems, medical terminology, computer software and database fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment based upon departmental policies and procedures.
IV.B. Education and Experience (Preferred)
RHIA or RHIT.
IV.C. Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required To Perform The Job Duties
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrates proficiency with computer data entry skills.
- Ability to interact with many types of internal and external customers in a flexible, accommodating manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well (in both verbal and written formats) with patients, staff, and providers.
- Knowledge of health information operations.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE