The Technical Program Manager will effectively schedule, coordinate, execute and monitor Consumables Engineering projects of various sizes, timeframes and budgets. This person will work closely with key team members to create project schedules, drive and manage projects, collect task data, and maintain updated status reports. Responsible for coordinating projects between multiple vendors and will utilize their technical skills along with their management talents to drive projects to completion - on time and within budget. This individual will report in to the Consumables Engineering Manager and work in a CFT that includes Design and Consumables Engineers, Technicians, Procurement, Planning, and Manufacturing.
The position requires management of multiple simultaneous qualification activities, and the successful candidate will be comfortable multitasking and meeting concurrent deadlines. Areas of job focus will include:
- Initiates and drives RFQ’s for tooling purchases, tooling repair process, qualification part orders, as well as placing PR’s and tracking delivery of all purchases related to tooling or qualifications.
- Communicates with key team members from Cepheid Lodi, Cepheid Sunnyvale and Vendors in order to develop project schedules and budgets.
- Structure projects and define clear objectives, including project charter, mission and vision, business/technical case, key performance metrics and guiding principles Gather and document requirements / functional specifications; analyze workflows and processes, business needs / objectives; develop implementation requirements and plans.
- Track all Cepheid Lodi and Vendor tooling projects to determine priorities, manage resources and assure on-time delivery.
- Coordinates between internal vendors, external vendors, and supply chain to establish project priority, schedule, status, and inventory information
- Coordinates tooling transfers between Internal and external vendors.
- Provides weekly status reports of progress in all areas of tooling, qualification scheduling, tool transfers, and tool repair status.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
• A minimum of 5 years direct related experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• CAD software experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Pro/E).
• Plastics, injection mold making, molding project knowledge
• Experience working in high volume, high precision manufacturing environments