Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
GenomOncology, a venture backed Cleveland-based biotechnology company with a fully developed proprietary platform, provides the analytical tools to rapidly and interactively interpret sequenced genomic data. Our cancer genomic analyses focus on three distinct professional fields: cancer research, clinical application, and drug discovery. Due to our rapid growth and new client acquisition we are actively seeking software developers with Bioinformatics experience to join our team. We offer a highly collaborative, flexible and fun working environment.
The successful candidate could reside in Nashville, TN or Cleveland, OH.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java, Python, and R; able to read and use PERL libraries
- Software development experience supporting life sciences applications in data analysis and automation
- Proficiency in using build, test, version control, and documentation tools preferred
- Experience working with databases is a plus (SQL / NoSQL)
- Proficiency working in a Linux environment and with Unix shell scripting
- Proficiency with the SGE cluster environment
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of standard tools for primary sequence analysis (e.g. BWA, samtools, vcftools, bedtools, tabix, Picard tools, GATK, CASAVA, Bowtie, Tophat, Cufflinks), their APIs and standard file formats (SAM/BAM, VCF, BED, etc.)
- Must have strong analytical and quantitative skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and accustomed to working both independently and collaboratively. Additionally, the candidate should have experience with next-generation DNA sequencing data
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, bioinformatics, or similar with demonstrable computational and software development skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR apply online via link below:
Battling cancer, one genome at a time. An emerging player in the field of genomics, GenomOncology’s proprietary software and analytical tools can rapidly and interactively analyze and interpret sequenced genomic data. This approach enables GenomOncology to capture critical findings for the cancer researcher or clinical oncologist and produce a robust analysis report in less than a day. The company expects its technology will reduce the time necessary for researchers to make new discoveries, which will ultimately provide clinicians with the information necessary to prescribe “personalized” medical treatment.
We are an equal opportunity employer providing a competitive compensation and benefits package…and most importantly offer a fun, energetic and highly collaborative environment!