Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Essential Responsibilities Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• The management of the MultiOmyx system, reagent kits and consumables over their life cycle within MultiOmyx product portfolio of Life Sciences in a manner that maximizes the overall return/profit to the company, within the context of company, business area and marketing plans. Ensures compliance with quality systems, regulatory requirements, and commercial change process.
• Lead the commercial input to the product development process once the product definition is approved. Identify target market(s) for Product Models & Offerings.
• Manages all aspects of the product(s) life cycle starting with the detailed planning phase (in development) until the product is terminated. Define Product Models and Structures. Identify Offerings Items & Structures. Work closely with the Marketing function to drive brand value.
• Lead product quality initiatives, corrective actions. Liaise directly with customers as the product champion pre and post sales.
• Strategic and tactical supply management of existing products to market for multiple customers and applications. Ensure product availability balanced with effective inventory management.
• Managing Platform Products fully recognizing the company benefit that can be obtained by facilitating the use of these for applications in other global business areas.
• Maximizing the company profit over the product (s) entire life cycle.
• Management of the cross-functional interface with product development and manufacturing.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Science, Business Administration or other related field
2. 3+ years experience in product marketing, product development, or related field in a Life Sciences and/or diagnostics environment
3. Experience with managing all the commercial elements from product launch and end of life for research and/or diagnostics or imaging systems
4. Excellent oral and written communications skills
5. Strong analytical and process skills
6. Strong project management skills
7. Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
1. MSc or Master’s degree in Marketing, Engineering, Science, Business Administration or other related field
2. 5+ years experience in product marketing, product development or related field
3. Product Management/Marketing expertise, including: market trends/analysis, NPI process, product roadmap development, product life-cycle management,
4. Healthcare product/industry/technical acumen
5. Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
6. Proven ability to work globally
Link to apply for GE jobs
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We employ more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world.
GE Healthcare Life Sciences provides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people: through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what’s needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow.
We add value to our customers by:
• Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
• Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
• Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, MicroCal, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated product marketing professional in the Bio-Process Product Management organization of the GE Healthcare Life Sciences business, who will focus on developing the assigned product segment to a higher revenue and profit position according to the strategy.
For more information about GE Healthcare join our LinkedIn Group: GE Healthcare Global Community, http://linkd.in/p3Dqyk