Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Product Leader has responsibility for developing GE’s investments in single-use stirred tank bioreactors, mixers and related technologies; developing and leading a team of product managers responsible for ownership of the portfolio from the development of product roadmaps to organization readiness and product/service delivery; and works collaboratively with the regional commercial teams, global supply chain and R&D to drive the revenue and profitability of the business.
• Works with peers in the product leadership team, the regional commercial teams, the global marketing team and R&D to identify synergies and ensure alignment across programs and growth areas and ensure that organic growth targets are achieved
• Drives the single-use bioreactors and mixers inorganic growth including evaluation of M&A opportunities and partnership/licensing opportunities to fill gaps in the Xcellerex single use product portfolio
• Employs industry trend analysis, market share and competitive analysis to support strategy development and measure execution performance
• Ensures goal alignment and tracks performance of the Xcellerex business with the regional and P&L stakeholders
• Assesses portfolio competitiveness and drives clear plans to address gaps in our capabilities
• Builds and coaches a strong team of product managers that are promotion ready to step into future leadership positions in the organization
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
• Three to five years managing direct reports
• Five to Seven years of experience in strategic marketing, product marketing or a related field in Life Sciences focusing on experience in BioProcessing, single use systems and/or cell culture media.
• Experience working in cross-functional and diverse teams in a global setting
• Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
• Influencing skills – ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence
• Strong analytical and process skills
• Ability to travel 25-30%
• MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
• Eight to Ten years of progressive experience in marketing, product marketing or a related field in Life Sciences
• Three to Five years of international management experience
• Marketing experience in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
• Innovation – ability to develop/execute on new ideas through collaboration
• Strong analytical and process skills
Link to apply for GE jobs
Job # 1869641
Posted Position Title Xcellerex Product Leader
About Us What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We employ more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world.
GE Healthcare Life Sciences provides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people: through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what’s needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow.
We add value to our customers by:
• Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
• Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
• Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, MicroCal, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.