Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
comprehensive benefits package
As a life sciences company, Sequenom (NASDAQ: SQNM) has a guiding vision: To improve healthcare by providing revolutionary genomic and genetic analysis solutions for the clinical research and molecular diagnostic markets.
What makes this vision a reality? Our deep commitment to "Quality of Science." For us, only the highest quality is acceptable. Sequenom team members thrive in a "science first" environment where ideas and innovation are part of daily life. This is your opportunity to work on cutting-edge science that is revolutionizing patient care.
Our innovation-driven culture means life at Sequenom is fast-paced, dynamic, and fun with rewarding benefits and performance rewards. With a clear vision for the future, all employees have the opportunity to make a difference and are encouraged to share new ideas. We foster a collaborative work environment and encourage curiosity at all levels. Our corporate headquarters is located in the heart of San Diego’s life sciences community, less than a mile from the beach.
The Scientist, Applications & Technology will execute high quality, efficient, and consistent laboratory work for a variety of projects using the Sequenom MassARRAY® instruments and software, and a range of other molecular biology techniques. The candidate will also participate in internal technical and commercial projects and assist field-based colleagues in providing customer support and training. This position will emphasize scientific support but requires a general level of knowledge and support capability of applications, bioinformatics, and analytical instrumentation.
• Provide high quality, consistent, and efficient laboratory support for a variety of projects utilizing MassARRAY technology and other tools, including:
o Research services, including genotyping and methylation
o Assay panel design and development
o Product testing
o Feasibility studies
• Prepare reagents for customer training
• Provide internal training and technology demonstrations
• Provide occasional external customer training and support
• BA or BS in relevant scientific discipline—Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology
• MS or Ph.D. is highly desirable
• 4+ years of research in a genomics and/or genotyping laboratory required
• Experience with MassARRAY technology desired
• Experience with a GLP work environment is highly preferred
• Ability to travel up to 25% in the US and possibly Canada required
To apply, please visit http://www.sequenom.com/Careers/Jobs