The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, CT is seeking a Flow Cytometry/Microscopy Facility Manager responsible for independently overseeing daily operations of Flow Cytometry and Microscopy Services. This includes, but is not limited to, customer interactions, experimental design, data generation & analysis, equipment management, personnel management and service transactions.
• Customer Interaction: Including but not limited to user training, consultation, protocol/experimental design; performance of data collection, management and analysis. Project definition, execution, reporting and billing and issue resolution. Establishing and meeting Service Level Agreements including deliverables definitions, time lines and quality.
• Technical Delivery: Calibration/alignment, maintenance, trouble-shooting, repair (occasional) of cytometers, microscopes and associated facility instruments. Reagent identification and maintenance. Protocol & SOP development and conduct (sample preparation & data acquisition). Conduct of operations within safety guidelines for instrument operation, as well as chemical and biological safety standards.
• Facility Operations:
1) Technical Staff Management: Recruitment, training, tasking, goal-setting, development, mentoring and evaluation.
2) Service Development: Maintain technical currency, identify and assess developing technologies, platforms, reagents, and methods. Import and deploy as appropriate.
3) Facilities Administrative Functions: Reporting and billing, process costing and fee development, budget development and management, presentations, participation in grant submissions and policy development. Interfaces with JAX departments as needed to support and operate the Service. Promotes service offerings and opportunities.
• Perform other duties as assigned