Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
In this newly created position, you will have the opportunity to shape the high throughput sequencing industry and make an impact on the field of neurological and developmental disorders. In collaboration with our expert team of medical geneticists, genetic counselors, variant scientists, and bioinformatics specialists, you will write and interpret genomic reports, provide genomic counseling services to patients and/or their physicians and be a key contributor to new test development, novel disease discovery, and variant research.
The ideal candidate will have several years experience in a clinical setting (preferably neurogenetics and/or pediatrics), have provided direct patient care, possess strong analytical skills, and familiarity with Next Generation testing technologies.
• Contribute to the interpretation of Next Generation sequencing data by
applying your clinical expertise to the patient’s phenotype and the genetic
variants identified by testing.
• Collaborate in the authorship of scientific manuscripts for publication, case
reports, abstracts, and poster presentations for scientific meetings.
• Communicate with patients and clinicians regarding test interpretations and
• Elicit targeted pedigrees, medical, and developmental histories.
• Provide follow-up and coordination of complex cases and extended family
• Assist in the development of materials in support of our products.
• Participation in a variety of interesting specialized projects.
• Board Certified Genetic Counselor.
• Experience with direct patient care beyond the prenatal setting is required.
At least 3 years of experience in a neurogenetics and/or pediatric clinical
setting is preferred. Ideally, we are seeking candidates with experience in
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply clinical skills.
• Must be willing to learn various genome browsers and variant databases, and
be comfortable reading and interpreting scientific literature.
• Ability to work independently but also to collaborate effectively with the
Clinical team and other groups within our company.
• Flexibility regarding duties and work hours when sometimes required given
our dynamic start-up environment.
Courtagen Life Sciences is located in Woburn, MA. We are a pioneering company that is always on the lookout for highly motivated individuals who, like us, believe in the values of teamwork, cooperation and shared success. We offer a friendly and stimulating professional environment for workers seeking to make a big difference in life sciences by delivering innovative products and services. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Courtagen Life Sciences is a privately held life science company that is committed to helping physicians, families, and children suffering with neurological disorders. Test results provide doctors with genetic information to help diagnose disease and guide treatment decisions. Genetic testing can lead to positive changes or, in some cases, major improvements in a child’s quality of life.
Courtagen is a CLIA-certified and CAP Accredited genetic testing laboratory currently focused on neurological and metabolic disorders has an immediate opening for a Genetic Counselor (Neurogenetics) to join our dynamic, growing team. This position could be remote or based at our office in Woburn, Massachusetts.