Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Support the organizational needs through the acquisition of goods and services in a timely and cost effective manner. High volume, continuous mix of daily purchasing activities and ensuring superior customer service level is attained at all times. Interact with end users, receiving function and finance organization to ensure requisitions are entered, routed and approved in a timely manner to allow for aquisition of goods and service to support high volume, fast paced medical device company.
Support assigned project assignments in the areas of supplier identification and selection, capital negotiation, supplier diversity program and other assigned tasks.
• Coordinates purchasing activities in support of various organizational development, engineering and other support functions through the effective order negotiation and execution of daily purchasing activities in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Acquires and maintains technical understanding of products purchased.
• Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities.
•Obtains materials, components, equipment and services.
• Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure highest quality at best value.
• May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
• Requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years related experience in a diagnostic or pharmaceutical environment.
• Experience working with QAD, SAP or other inventory management systems.
• Candidate should be familiar with raw materials used in biomedical device, pharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Candidate should also be experienced with SOP's, GMP, JIT, MRP and should have experience with APICS principles.
• Candidate should be comfortable and adept at Word and Excel.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE