Looking for a senior procurement management professional to join our team to improve and invent new procurement and supplier management activities for dynamic medical device manufacturing!
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Managing key production supplier assignments including supplier evaluation, selection, qualification of materials and supplier as well as supplier performance management.
- Experience working in a medical device / regulated industry as well as working with suppliers operating in similar environments.
- Demonstrated experience in contract manufacturing in working with suppliers and sub- contractors in the production of medical devices and or other instrumentation.
- Strong communication, organization and detailed management of self-directed activities are required.
- Cost reduction focused with demonstrated history of achievements in sustained cost reductions in support of corporate cost objectives.
- Strong experience with supplier performance management and reporting in working with performance metrics, performance score carding and supplier review.
- Manage assigned suppliers and commodities to acquire inventory in a cost effective, high quality performance to demand requirements.
- Dramatically improve supplier performance program through our supplier review board.
- Acquire and maintain technical understanding of products purchased.
- Perform cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities.
- Obtain materials, components, equipment and services.
- Develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Monitor the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure highest quality at best value.
- Recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- A minimum of 10+ years related experience in vendor management for a $300M plus revenue company.
- Experience working with SAP.
Demonstrated successful contract supplier negotiation involving any of the following:
- cost reduction independent of volume increase, vendor managed inventory, supply flexibility increase
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE