Layer, Chiang, et al. Genome Biology
The Systems Support Engineer (based in Chicago, IL) is responsible for providing technical support to Cepheid customers on all Cepheid products and instrument systems, with a focus on software issues. In addition, the SSE provides support to field technical support specialists, field systems engineers, Cepheid commercial professionals, and technical support professionals located globally in Cepheid offices as well as distributorships. Works closely with Instrument Service, Engineering and Software departments to address customer concerns; determine corrective action and customer follow-up. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Demonstrates uses and advantages of products to internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation system product lines designed for a clinical laboratory setting
- Resolves computer and instrumentation systems and software issues in a timely manner
- Communicates with Product Transfer, Technical Service, Technical Support and other internal or external customers to identify details related to complaint information and occurrence.
- Works closely with Cepheid Service and Software group to investigate issues and facilitate conformance to standard operating procedures.
- Follows SOPs to ensure adequate complaint handling into Complaint Management System.
- Manages field escalations in subject matter area
- Assists SMEs as needed
- Designs and performs technical trainings for internal and external customers
- Establishes and maintains interdepartmental communications among Technical Support,
- Engineering, Marketing and other appropriate departments for new systems introductions and modifications.
- Communicates systems introductions and changes- implements training for the technical support group.
- Prepares drafts of technical bulletins or troubleshooting guides for global distribution.
- Manages technical communications with global support teams.
- Follows procedures set forth in ISO regulations and QSR for medical devices.
- Adheres to team performance metrics and drives for achieving the established goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with 3 to 5 years of industry experience is required.
- Must be able to use technical skills to answer complex issues concerning instrument systems
- Must have a good understanding of CRM architecture within an organization
- Must be familiar with using an electronic Complaints Management System
- Ability to read system logs/captures
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory instrumentation and systems is required
- Database experience (MS SQL) is preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize critical tasks.
- Ability to proactively analyze situations and propose appropriate actions.
- Must have excellent communication, teamwork, and troubleshooting skills
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel and Word, Visio and Project applications
- Must be able to work on-call for weekends on rotation basis and must be flexible to cover different shifts as schedule demands.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE