Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Reporting to the Associate Director, Accounting, the Senior Accounting Manager is a "hands on" position with direct responsibility for Genomic Health's daily domestic & international accounting and Accounts Payable (A/P) functions. On an ongoing basis, this position will work with internal and external individuals and will be responsible for oversight of core accounting functions. Further, this position will also play a key role in the planning and implementation of various new systems, streamlining procedures and vendor relationships for a rapidly evolving business.
- Lead a team of 2 to 3 direct reports (5 to 6 team members in total) in accurate and timely monthly close to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Manage and mentor staff for continued growth - AP Team and General Ledger Team.
- Manage relationship with International Accounting Firm(s).
- Coordinate and lead the monthly/quarterly close process through monitoring the close schedule and deliverables, including international entities, allocations, consolidation, eliminations, running financial statements.
- Manage the chart of accounts, subsidiary setup, opening and closing periods and financial statements.
- Review and post journal entries and reconciliations.
- Manage and present the consolidated balance sheet flux during monthly finance close meetings.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 by reviewing narratives for compliance and ensuring controls are operating effectively.
- Review, maintain and suggest modifications, as appropriate, to the current processes and procedures.
- Manage the accuracy and timely filing of 1099's, Use Tax filings, as well as staying current on all applicable tax laws.
- Manage HCP (Health Care Provider) payment compliance and reporting.
- Assist with financial and SOX audits as well as other outside accounting requirements.
- Work closely with external reporting team to support 10-Q and 10-K reporting process.
- Work closely with tax team to support the quarterly and annual tax provision process.
- Interact extensively across the organization with respect to business operations and forecasting.
- Assist with collaboration accounting and contract revenue journal entries and reconciliations.
- Active participant in implementation of various new systems - ERP, travel system, rolling out an international purchase requisition system.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in accounting operations experience with progressive management experience.
- CPA preferred and B.S. / B.A. Degree in Accounting, or equivalent.
- An ability to multitask, prioritize, work independently and meet multiple deadlines as required while still maintaining quality of work.
- An ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the role of finance and accounting in supporting the company's strategy.
- First rate interpersonal skills and responsiveness to others.
- Experience in biotechnology, healthcare or health insurance industries preferred.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE