Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Join the institutional biorepository of a U.S. News top-ranking pediatric hospital. The Boston Children’s Hospital Biobank Core provides a comprehensive repository of clinically annotated human biological materials and offers high-quality specimen processing and storage services to accelerate translational research. It is a fast-paced, rapidly evolving facility and we are looking for an experienced research assistant to support daily operations and development projects.
• Handle biological specimens including cells, fluid, nucleic acid, and tissue. Tasks may include cell line preparation, DNA/RNA extraction, specimen quality assessment, and preparation of specimens for transport.
• Perform detailed data entry and tracking of specimens using a web-based LIMS database.
• Assist team leader with staff training and provide technical expertise and support to both staff and customers
• Participate in the development, testing, and implementation of innovative laboratory procedures and technologies to maximize efficiency and ensure quality – includes integration of automated instruments.
• Participate in the development and validation of protocols, documentation and standard operating procedures.
• Ensure compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; identify problems and/or inconsistencies to include documentation and reporting of adverse events; recommend corrective action as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum of 2 years of hands-on laboratory experience, preferably in biobanking or techniques in molecular biology
• Experience operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting laboratory automation
• Experience working in a CAP regulated laboratory
• Excellent computer skills, including proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong communication and outstanding levels of customer service
Interested and qualified applicants may send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognized by the Boston Globe as one of 100 Top Places to Work, Boston Children’s Hospital offers excellent benefits, including very affordable health insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Other benefits include dental insurance, vision coverage, generous levels of time off, 403(b) savings plan, pension, and discounted rates on T-passes.