At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance the Linen/Sterilizaiton Technician is responsible for all Linen functions throughout the SCCA.
In this position you will be responsible for distributing clean linen to all departments within SCCA, which includes unloading bulk linen carts, stocking shelves, handling special requests, and stocking special linen carts for various areas and departments. Process soiled Linen throughout SCCA and maintain Linen par levels in all Department within SCCA and complete linen orders as required
- Monitors linen usage and inventories and find ways to improve cost efficiency, quality and standardization
- Monitors and reviews assigned inventory levels by physical count, record keeping and/or visual inspection
- Gathers require supplies from storeroom inventory, and replenish each inventory location as required
- Document all inventory transactions as they occur
- Communicate inventory shortages or other issues to Materials Management Warehouse Manager.
- Maintain requisitions or order manually or in automated system to track status of issues and requirements as necessary
- A High School Degree, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Knowledge of computerized or automated system operations and record keeping practices.
- Basic math aptitudes (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and knowledge of units of measure required.A
- bility to effectively communicate, including ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Effectively communicates and listens inter and intra departmentally. Can effectively present information in small group situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Able to apply common sense understanding in carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE