Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Scientist will play a key role in delivering NGS and microarray data analysis projects, supporting product development, managing NGS projects for clients and offering guidance to junior analysts. The Scientist will also be involved in maintaining quality systems and supporting marketing related activities.
• Perform analyses on NGS data using various workflows and other experimental models for clients from pharmaceutical, biotech and academic institutions worldwide.
• Define and implement quality control procedures at both technological and biological levels for high volumes of NGS data.
• Develop cutting-edge algorithms, pipelines and applications to analyze data from clients. S/he will work closely with software development team as a domain expert.
• Perform analysis and interpretation of data from genomic platforms including expression, exon, tiling, promoter and other primary, secondary and tertiary data as per client’s requirements.
• Coordinate with biologists and bioinformaticians in designing models summarizing/explaining experimental data; provide interpretive analyses of data derived from different experimental platforms to generate biologically meaningful reports.
• Contribute technically and functionally to the team on requests for grants and solicitations.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Experience in the field of bioinformatics and/or functional genomics with experience working in a high performance computing environment.
• Strong Research Background for Genome-wide and gene-focused efforts such as next-generation sequencing, Structural/Functional Genomics, Proteomics.
• Demonstrated experience extracting and describing complex high dimensional data and presenting those data in a biologically meaningful context.
• Strong Publication record.
• Experience in NGS software analysis packages.
• Experience in Scientific and Technical documentation
• Programming Languages : PERL/Python
• Domain knowledge in genomics, proteomics and metabolomics
• NGS data analysis workflows : WGS, Targeted capture, WES and methylseq and custom NGS pipelines
• Commercial Tools : IPA, Partek genomics suite, DNAnexus, etc…
• Statistical Packages : CRAN-R, Matlab in big data analysis
• OS : Linux (Fedora/Debian)
• Ph.D. or equivalent graduate degree in bioinformatics/biostatistics/computational biology or a life sciences related field.
• Background MBBS/B Tech(Premier institutes), PhD( Bioinformatics/computational Biology) plus 3-4 years Post Doc/industry experience will be preferable
• (Five years of specialized experience plus a Master’s degree will be considered to be equivalent to a Ph.D.)
Sr. Manager - HR
+91 44 43593158
Genome Life Sciences (GLS) is a DSIR (Department of Scientific & Industrial Research) recognized R&D company, and develops innovative bioinformatics algorithms, tools, and databases for genomic analysis, biomarker discovery, and translational/clinical research for healthcare, veterinary, agriculture, and food industries. GLS provides a variety of curated life science databases and interactive and dynamic user interfaces, developed with proprietary data mining algorithms. In addition, it provides analytic products and services for the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data from all major platforms such as Illumina, ABI SOLiD, Roche 454, PacBio and Ion. GLS is a contract research organization providing sequencing as a service and turn-key solutions in translational, clinical, agricultural and veterinary genomics research.