Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
In this newly formed position, you will have the opportunity to learn from the experts, shape the industry in the area of next generation sequencing, and help expand our team to contribute directly to our growth and success. Working with our expert team of geneticists, bioinformaticians, and physicians, you will provide genetic counseling services to patients and/or their physicians for guidance in test result communications, and be a key contributor to new test development and research.
• Communicate with patients and clinicians regarding test results
• Obtain and prepare detailed pedigrees, family and medical history, as needed
• Assist in case preparation, literature and database searches
• Coordinate, track, and follow-up on genetic testing
• Participate in patient follow-up and case coordination
• Prepare educational programs as needed
• Keep informed of relevant literature regularly and attend weekly scientific meetings
• Assist in preparing scientific manuscripts relating for publication as directed
• Certificate, American Board of Genetic Counseling preferred
• Masters degree in human genetics and/or genetic counseling
• Experience in the area of epilepsy is required.
• Experience as an independent genetic counselor preferred
• Must have some flexibility with respect to skills and hours
• At least one-year experience in a neurological/pediatric clinical setting, not including prenatal, is highly recommended
• The ability and desire to work independently
• An eagerness to work with a highly dynamic team that is using the latest technologies and applying them to a variety of clinical settings
Courtagen Life Sciences is located in Woburn, MA. We are a pioneering company that's always on the lookout for highly motivated individuals who, like us, believe in the values of teamwork, cooperation and shared success. We offer a friendly and stimulating professional environment for workers seeking to make a big difference in life sciences by delivering innovative products and services. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courtagen Life Sciences is a privately held life science company that is committed to helping physicians, families, and children suffering with neurological disorders. Test results provide your doctor with genetic information to help diagnose disease and guide treatment decisions. Genetic testing can lead to positive changes or, in some cases, major improvements in a child’s quality of life. Courtagen is a CLIA-certified and CAP Accredited genetic testing laboratory currently focused on neurological and metabolic disorders has an immediate opening for a Genetic Counselor (Epilepsy) to join our growing team. This position is based at our office in Woburn, MA.